Friday, July 14, 2006

Teeth

Something I was saying in my newsletter, that I thought might be useful here...

What else? I have read Anne Rice's Lasher before, so I gave up on it, and moved on to something else. It's connected, in a way.

I'm a big fan of vampires (well, reading about them), but a few years ago I picked up a book in the library about werewolves. It was good. Sexy, exciting, inevitably a little violent. Then I found there was a sequel. I read that too. Great stuff. There is a point here. I'm getting to it.

If you're interested, these books were The Passion and The Promise, and they were written by Donna Boyd. So what's the connection? It just so happens that Donna Boyd is Anne Rice's sister!

Anyway, right now I'm reading another of her books, involving neither vampires nor werewolves so far... The Awakening. I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, did you know that Anne Rice wrote erotica back in the day? Bondage stuff, even. Just recently, she's returned, publicly, to her Roman Catholic roots. I suspect we won't be hearing too much more of this sort of stuff from her.

So, does anyone else have any recommendations for sexy-scary books?

No comments: